Thursday, November 12, 2009

Starfall.com

Starfall.com is a great website to help teach children their ABC's, the sounds they make, about alphabets, blends, etc! It offers fun story books, games, and videos. My 6yr old enjoys going through each of the different areas. It has helped him through our journey of learning the alphabet and the sounds each make. Now, it supplements learning to read, sounds out the letters which form the words in each online storybook.


Today both my boys (6 and 2) were enjoying Starfall.com. I was able to snap a few pic's as they both were watching and listening to the stories. They both got up and danced when there was singing or music on. For the videos my 2 yr old sat on my lap and watched every video very closely while his big brother danced around to the music and sang the songs.


After my 6 yr old was finished, he started through the ABC's and had my 2 yr old saying A, ah Apple, A ah, Alligator, B buh Ball, C cuh Cow! So that was pretty neat to see the two of them together and my oldest teaching his younger brother. :)  That's part of what we did today. I was able to snap a few pics of them together to capture this moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment